Owning to the ongoing pandemic, the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) has launched a website – shreeganeshvisarjan.com for the smooth conduct of Ganesh Visarjan. The following is the step-by-step procedure on how to book a time slot online for Ganpati Visarjan in Mumbai 2020.
Online booking for Ganesh Visarjan: A step-by-step guide
For online booking of Lord Ganesh idol immersion, you will have to visit shreeganeshvisarjan.com, setup by BMC. There is no app booking as of now.
Step 1: Select the Type of Registration
Select the type whether you are an individual or a mandal. People bringing Ganpati at home have to select individual.
Step 2: Submit Name, Phone No., and Address
You will be asked to submit your name, contact details, and residential address.
Step 3: Select City and Ward
You will then select the city. As this website is for the booking of visarjan in Mumbai city, the default city is set to Mumbai only. Then choose the nearest ward to your address location. Only the following 6 wards are available for Ganesh idols visarjan:
- Ward P North (Malad)
- Ward R North (Dahisar)
- Ward A (Fort, parts of Ballard estate, Marine Drive, Colaba, etc)
- Ward C (Parts of Abdul Rehman Street, Marine Drive, LT Marg, etc)
- Ward D (Grant Road, Tardeo Road, Breach Candy up to Haji Ali, etc)
- Ward S (Bhandup)
Step 4: Pick Visarjan Spot from the Selected Ward
Choose the visarjan spot for you Ganesh idol. Each ward has different number of spots for visarjan. Some wards may have around 8 spots, while other wards may have up to 20.
Step 5: Choose Date and Time
Select date and time for immersion of Lord Ganesh. This may depend from idol to idol. as some idols are for different time periods. Ranging from 1.5 days to 11 days. Then select time depending on the muhurat.
After submitting the above mentioned details, you will receive the acknowledgement from the website, looking like this:
The online registration for Ganesh visarjan can be done in the website using either smartphone or PC?Laptop.
After submitting the details and acknowledgment, you will receive an SMS from BMC. The SMS will have the following details – ward, visarjan spot, visarjan date, and time. The SMS from BMC will look like this:
Here are the following points that need to be taken care of, before booking a time slot in the said website.
- For containment zones – Idols needs to be immersed in a metallic tanks or in the containment zones itself
- People from sealed buildings need to immerse their idols at home
- For booking the time slot, a mobile number will be allowed only once
- Visarjan can only be done from these 6-wards and the places specified in each of these wards
- Visarjan slot timings can be booked only for the following dates – 23/08, 26/08, 27/08, 28/08, and 01/09
- In the case of group or “Mandal” booking, not more than 10 people are allowed
- At natural immersion sites, the idols need to be handed over to the MCGM officials. They would respectfully perform the visarjan
- No procession shall be carried out for Ganesh Chaturthi